LAS VEGAS, NV – April 10, 2013 – Bitcentral’s CORE:news is the recipient of the 2013 STAR (Superior Technology Award Recipient) Award presented by the editorial staff of TV Technology magazine at the 2013 NAB Show.
If you are at NAB, stop by Booth SL4620 to see a demonstration of CORE:news before the show ends tomorrow.
Now celebrating its 13th anniversary, TV Technology’s STAR Award is designed to honor and showcase the outstanding technological innovations available to the broadcast industry. A panel of judges consisting of TV Technology editors, columnists and industry experts reviewed a variety of products, examined the technical applications and their overall contribution to the industry, and then submitted their award nominees.
“The NAB Show serves as the launching pad for thousands of new products and services for audio and video professionals,” said Tom Butts, TV Technology Editor-in-Chief. “Our panel of judges walk the show floor in search of the most innovative technologies. The products and services that we select for the STAR Award make the cut, demonstrating their ability to help advance the acquisition and distribution of entertainment and information across the media spectrum.”
TV Technology (www.tvtechnology.com) is the industry’s leading magazine for technology news and reviews and is celebrating its 30th year covering the television industry. The magazine is published by NewBay Media LLC, the world’s largest publisher of audio and video publications.
CORE:news gives news teams and station groups all of the tools necessary for creative collaboration—including video ingest, logging, content sharing, editing, asset management, and playlist or rundown-driven playout—in one integrated, efficient, unified production environment. Since CORE:news is Project-Centric, media assets and projects flow smoothly through this logical, efficient end-to-end workflow. This maximizes the most valuable TV news resource—time. There are many ways that CORE:news saves news professionals time and drives more content to more platforms including:
- Live feeds that can be scheduled in advance and journalists can start viewing, logging, and speed cutting that live footage—even push it to air—while the event is still unfolding
- All story components—notes, logs, metadata, raw video, rough cuts, and more—can easily be versioned and repurposed
- Remote and field-based workflows enabled by laptops, tablets, iOS or Android devices and cloud-powered configurations break down workflow barriers previously experienced by remote journalists
- Capture, Create, Publish and Manage assets and projects with ease, never worrying if you’re using the right type of file format, video codec, media player, or other technical issue that used to hamper productivity
- Enhanced and robust support for MOS (Media Object Server) framework ensures seamless integration with the most popular newsroom computer systems and production control room equipment
“It’s a great honor to be recognized by TV Technology for our contribution to Broadcast workflow efficiency and advancement with CORE. I am so proud of this team, whose vision and execution made this great solution possible. We are focused on delivering new solutions for our customers and our entire company is proud of this recognition,” said Fred Fourcher, CEO of Bitcentral.”
To see CORE:news in action, stop by the Bitcentral booth SL4620 before show close tomorrow and the Bitcentral team will be happy to show you what all of the buzz in about.
949.417.4122 | Direct