Technical Solutions Engineer – Streaming Media Group
100% Remote – North America. Bitcentral is based in Newport Beach, CA
Full-time with Benefits
Broadcast and Technology
Technical Solutions Engineers are responsible for responding to and resolving clients’ product/technical issues in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Responsibilities also include documenting all issues, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions.
Be the primary line of defense between our customers and account manager and the Streaming Media Group (SMG) engineering team. Limiting the required time for engineering and product management to be involved in customer troubleshooting
- Act as first line of technical support for customer service and account management team
- Communicate in verbal and written formats with Account management and customer service on solutions to customer problems or challenges
- Document, test, and verify product bugs or usability issues identified by customers
- Building strong relationships with account management, product management, and engineering teams.
- Attempt to troubleshoot customer issues to determine if the issue requires additional product development or changes in customer workflow or process.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to ensure that they understand platform bugs and customer feature requirements and requests.
- Resolving complaints and keeping track of all processes that pertain to the client’s desires.
- Acting as the client’s representative in a division to ensure that their demands are met with a focus on improving the customer experience.
- Collecting and analyzing data concerning consumer behavior to understand changing needs.
- 3+ years of QA, Technical Solutions Engineering or Software Development
- Exceptional problem-solving skills to help resolve customer complaints or needs
- Exceptional technical knowledge of digital video, digital publishing, saas services and streaming media
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers and clients
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing client data
- Time management and multitasking skills in order to handle multiple tasks and clients at once
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Strong desire to grow knowledge base of digital video, publishing and streaming media
Extra Credit Experience:
- Video encoding, transcoding, streaming and live streaming Experience
- Knowledge of HTML5 Video, MRSS Feeds,
- NodeJS Software Development, REST APIs, AWS
- Google Ad Manager Experience & Programmatic Ad Experience