NEWPORT BEACH, CA. – March 7, 2012 – Bitcentral, dedicated to empowering newsrooms to produce more content for more platforms, is announcing the release of future-proof workflows made possible by Create.
Think of the possibilities when you can edit in a browser from anywhere and publish the story to mobile, web or air faster than ever before. Create introduces a wide area workflow giving producers, writers, editors, access to content from anywhere. Everyone, everywhere has the ability to access live sources and drive more content. Live feeds from the field, camera files, affiliate news service video and other sources are no longer trapped in edit and feed rooms.
Create is designed for even the most non-technical users and as they are now free the burden of heavy installed applications, Create enables non-editors to quickly turn more stories than ever before. This allows editors to focus on producing craft packages that only they can do.
- Timeline based notes logging and screening
- Quick cuts, proxy-based editing
- Manage, log/screen and edit LIVE sources in real-time
- Manage, log/screen and edit file-based sources
- Push video directly to Precis rundowns and Clip Store “hot drop”
- Collaborative project workflow enabling easy video and notes sharing across the newsroom
- Simple story versioning empowering production for more platforms with the existing staffKey Specifications
- Browser-based and intuitive for all levels of users
- Raw video asset management
- File acquisition conversion engine enabling support of a broad range of file types
- Enables integration and publishing to multiple platforms
- MOS-enabled integration with newsroom computer systems
- Multiple simultaneous live H.264 streams providing proxy preview on all desktops
- Production-tuned video conform engine preps content for air and other downstream platforms
- Powerful, high speed video proxy and thumbnail creation engine
- Certified with upstream and downstream Adobe Premiere Pro and Grass Valley Edius workflows“To us, Create is all about the future. Understanding the challenges associated with the increasingly fragmented media landscape, we built this solution to enable our customers to publish more content to more channels with existing, limited resources. The solution fits into today’s workflows but helps to drive content to tomorrow’s platforms,” said Rick Young, VP of Product Strategy at Bitcentral. Create broadens the possibilities for content producers and increases their competitive edge by getting more stories to more consumers ahead of the competition.The possibilities for editing in a browser will be showcased at NAB 2012 in Las Vegas – Booth # SL2405